Facilities & Partnerships
Changing Healthcare From the Outside-In
To change the way people experience healthcare, we must first change the way healthcare is delivered. This is the thought behind every HIH facility.
Each of our inpatient hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers, along with the specialty facilities that complete our healthcare campuses, is built for functionality, efficiency and sustainability. But they are also designed to provide a therapeutic environment in which patients can find both physical healing and ease of mind.
By adhering to this duality of purpose, combining it with our industry knowledge and the dedication of our partners, HIH is able to create highly effective facilities that promote positive experiences and consistently superior outcomes.
Robust Partnership & Lean Management
Every HIH facility demands a dedicated group of physician partners, investors and service vendors who will collaborate as part of an equity joint venture model, sharing all available tools and resources to strengthen overall efforts and elevate the level of healthcare in their communities.
Partner efforts and contributions are complemented by a comprehensive suite of HIH facility development and management services, including:
- Identify, Recruit & Organize Investors
- Fiscal Management, Reporting & Analytics
- Staffing & Physician Recruitment
- Operations Management
- Strategic Planning & Business Plan Development
- Regulatory Compliance, Credentialing & Accreditation
- Risk Management
- Clinical Outcomes & Benchmarking
- Policies & Procedures
- Billing, Bundled Pricing & Payer Negotiations
Completed facilities are then operated according to a lean management model, in which advanced tracking and reporting tools are utilized to manage costs and support continuous process improvement.
The Value in Physician Equity
At the core of every HIH facility is a physician equity model driven by economics, teamwork and communication—one that incentivizes physicians to develop their practices at our facilities and in turn supports profitable operations. To maintain an internal atmosphere conducive to physician participation, an HIH-sponsored Medical Executive Committee (MEC) works closely with all equity partners to share information, provide insight and provide physician support.
This unique model proves that quality and profitability are not mutually exclusive concepts and empowers physicians to create the most efficient and successful care centers.
Our physician equity model is supported by:
- Proprietary Software: tracks costs throughout a facility and determines profitability of all physicians and procedures
- Advanced Inventory Management & Cost Accounting: allows facilities to run leaner and be more agile
- Low Nurse-to-Patient Ratio: drives customer satisfaction with prompt responses and attentive care
Leveraging Services with the Provider Network
HIH also provides management and ancillary services on a consulting basis to partners that join the HIH Provider Network.
Members of this exclusive network become fully integrated with one another and can collaborate on various clinical and academic matters, effectively elevating the level of care available in their respective communities. In addition, Provider Network partners can take advantage of the medical exchange and concierge services provided through HIH, either referring patients to other network members or accepting referrals from them.
Punta Cana Health Center
Less than one kilometer from the Punta Cana International Airport, where more than 3.5 million international tourists are received annually, HIH is building its flagship Integrated Medical Building (IMB)—known as Punta Cana Health Center (PCHC). In this prime location, our facility will be part of a 65-kilometer stretch of coastline that includes almost 35,000 hotel rooms and represents one of the busiest tourist destinations in the Caribbean.
Welcome to Punta Cana Health Center
- Built pursuant to the American Institute of Architects, Joint Commissioned International and Canadian Accreditation standards.
- Strategically designed and placed to make it the alternative healthcare destination of choice, catering to locals, tourists and medical travelers in the island’s east provinces.
- Provides access to the airport’s VIP services, multiple hotels, high-end Caribbean real estate and other amenities—all within 6.4 kilometers.
- Customized infrastructural design, featuring a hospital with adjoining medical office building, meets increasing local demand for a high-quality healthcare facility and answers the region’s master plan for Punta Cana Village calling for a centralized medical campus.
- Will feature a Cardiovascular Center of Excellence that facilitates training, research and the development of therapeutic treatments in cardiovascular biology and medicine.
A Growing Future in Punta Cana
PCHC, as an initial proof of concept, represents an important first step in creating a fully-integrated medical campus for this Caribbean region. As the center gains recognition and builds success, it will grow to accommodate more specialty facilities, which may include:
- Medical School
- Research Facilities
- Step-Down Units
- Assisted Living
- And More!
HIH will align with new strategic partners to build and manage each unique development within the campus, which means every piece of success will lead to reciprocal opportunities for additional investors, physicians and other healthcare providers.